Sister 2 and Half
|Sister 2 and Half|
|6b - 6c+||7|
|7a - 7b||0|
Replacement of worn fixed gear on a point for point basis with bolts is permissible.
The easiest approach is from the parking at Pitton Farm.
From the main Rhossili road, turn left in Pitton (south) to Great Pitton Farm (SS 427 876 or 51.556076, -4.267799) where there is a car park. The honesty box no longer exists and a system of seasonal tariffs is now in operation. Payment is made via a machine or paybyphone Ⓡ. See Pitton Parking for information on charges. Currently a maximum of £5.00 is charged for parking from 06.00 to 22.00.
Turn left when coming out of the car park and follow the road, past some houses and farm buildings, until it then becomes an unsurfaced track. At this point, the main track appears to veer off to the right. You should take the left fork (public footpath but marked, "Private Road"). Follow the track uphill for 75m passing through two gates. Then follow the track further (for 350m) until you come to another gate. Go through the gate and either follow the sign-posted footpath directions directing you via the edges of the field or strike out diagonally rightwards across the field for 260m to reach yet another gate.
Pass through this gate to head down a shallow grassy valley towards the sea to reach another gate on the Wales Coast Path after about 50 metres. This is the top end of Rams Grove (SS 430868). 1 km. (15 mins. from parking).
If approaching from Third Sister, hop over the fence and follow the track westwards for about 120 metres. The two crags are easily visible above the lower coast path.
The left hand section of crag is separated from the slightly lower sector by a grassy gully with a small cave.
- Seeing Beyond the Drill - S
- Seing Beyond the Drill Direct - S
- Pot Boiler - Fr. 4
Left hand route, belay just below a short roof.
- Hot off the press - Fr. 5
Just right, double staple belay
- Page Turner - Fr. 5
- Final Draft - Fr. 5
Jug city, shared belay up L.
- Bodice Ripper - Fr. 5
Start from the left side of the low curved roof, belay below the ivy choked groove.
- Schmills and Boon - Fr. 6b
Battle through the curved roof.
Lower Sector LHS
Just to the right of the grassy gully and to the left of the main wall is:
- Scooby doo - Fr. 4+
The rib to ring-belays.
- Two Tokes on the Bong - Fr. 4
Passing two small hollows.
- La Cha Cha Cha - Fr. 5
Weaves through ivy starting at small chimney
Lower Sector Main
- Eat My Shorts - Fr. 5
- Rikes Raggy - Fr. 6a
- Howdy Partner - Fr. 6a+ *
- They Killed Kenny - Fr. 6a+
- Suffering Succotash - Fr. 6b *
Nice, with no surprises. 14m
- Ridiculous is the Burden of Genius - Fr. 6b+ *
Keeps going, one of the longer routes. 14m
- The Wettest April Since Records Began - E3 5c
Near the left-hand end of the cliff is a brown coloured crack. A few metres to the right is a slim groove in the grey wall leading up to the left of a jutting overhang. Climb the groove to a short flake crack below a bulge. Move right and through the bulge. Finish up an easier broken groove.
- What's up Doc - Fr. 6c
- Ay, Caramba - Fr. 6c+ *
- Sisterly Luv - E5 6a
Follow the junction of the grey streak and white rock past Bristol PRs to a bulge. Overcome this to a crack leading rightwards to an overhang, a short groove on the right and a wobbly exit to the ledge.
- The Beverly Sisters - E3 5c
Start below and slightly to the right of the orange niche. Make committing moves into the niche and continue up the crack and wall to join Sisterly Luv at the overhang.
- Heavens to Murgatroyd - Fr. 6c+ *
Small holds and tricky to on-sight at the bulge.
- It Stinks - Fr. 6c *
Technical lower wall, nothing too hard.
- In Between Sisters - E4 6a
Start 4m left of a rubble zone at the right end of the wall. Move up to a small pocket on the smooth grey wall (crucial Rock 5 placement). Step right and move up on scoops to a bulge (TRs possible). Surmount the bulge direct. Abseil off at the top of the good rock.
- Its Hero Time - Fr. 6a
A good warm up on the far right. Cleaning up nicely.
- Gwyn Evans & Peggy Hill 15th May 2019
- Steve Hill & Mel Hill 15th May 2019
- R.T G.G
- G.G R.T 08.01.2019
Lower Sector LHS
- 'Scooby Doo -
- Two Tokes on the Bong -
- La Cha Cha Cha -
Lower Sector Main
- Eat My Shorts - Gary Gibson & Hazel Gibson 2018
- Rikes Raggy - Gary Gibson & Hazel Gibson 2018
- Howdy Partner - Gary Gibson & Hazel Gibson 2018
- They Killed Kenny - Gary Gibson & Hazel Gibson 2018
- Suffering Succotash - Gary Gibson & Hazel Gibson 2018
- Ridiculous is the Burden of Genius - Gary Gibson & Hazel Gibson 2018
- The Wettest April Since Records Began - M.Crocker, J.Harwood 07.03.1998
- What's up Doc - Gary Gibson & Hazel Gibson 2018
- Ay, Caramba - Gary Gibson & Hazel Gibson 2018
- Sisterly Luv - M.Crocker, J.Harwood 07.03.1998
- The Beverly Sisters - M.Crocker, J.Harwood 07.03.1998
- Heavens to Murgatroyd - Gary Gibson & Hazel Gibson 2018
- It Stinks - Gary Gibson & Hazel Gibson 2018
- In Between Sisters - M.Crocker, J.Harwood 07.03.1998
- Its Hero Time - Gary Gibson & Hazel Gibson 2018