Rams Grove Seaward Crag
|Rams Grove Seaward Crag|
|6b - 6c+||6|
|7a - 7b||0|
Ram's Grove Seaward is a relatively recent development. Still somewhat loose. Take care!
From the main Rhossili road, turn left in Pitton (south) to Great Pitton Farm (SS 427 876 or 51.556076, -4.267799) where there is a car park. The honesty box no longer exists and a system of seasonal tariffs is now in operation. Payment is made via a machine or paybyphone Ⓡ. See Pitton Parking for information on charges. Currently a maximum of £5.00 is charged for parking from 06.00 to 22.00.
Turn left when coming out of the car park and follow the road, past some houses and farm buildings, until it then becomes an unsurfaced track. At this point, the main track appears to veer off to the right. You should take the left fork (public footpath but marked, "Private Road"). Follow the track uphill for 75m passing through two gates. Then follow the track further (for 350m) until you come to another gate. Go through the gate and either follow the sign-posted footpath directions directing you via the edges of the field or strike out diagonally rightwards across the field for 260m to reach yet another gate.
Pass through this gate to head down a shallow grassy valley towards the sea to reach another gate on the Wales Coast Path after about 50 metres. This is the top end of Rams Grove (SS 430868). 1 km. (15 mins. from parking).
Then from the gate at the top of the dry valley, follow the path downwards until you reach the top of the rocky beach. Rams Grove Seaward Crag is on your right. (8 mins. from gate at the top of the valley).
Still somewhat loose. Take care.
- Phelan Man - Fr. 6b *
- Grainger Man - Fr. 6a+ *
- The Peacock Guys - Fr.6b
- Mano a Mano - Fr. 6c *
- Man Up - Fr. 6a+
- Man Down - Fr. 6b *
- Soundstrip - 27m E3,5c
Corner to small bush then out right to pull over roof by 3mm thread.
- Oh Man - Fr. 6c+ **
- Play The Pink Oboe - Fr. 6a+
Line to shared LO on R.
- Ram Raiders - Fr. 6b
Tricky wall to start.
- Ram Bam Thank Ewe Lamb - Fr. 6a
Gain the faint crack to start
- Blowing The Horn - Fr. 6a
Steep wall to start(through bolts) to join the upper section of Ram Bam.
First Crag Section
- Phelan Man - Gary Gibson, Roy Thomas 2018
- Grainger Man - Gary Gibson, Roy Thomas February 2018
- The Peacock Guys - Gary Gibson, Roy Thomas 2018
- Mano a Mano - Gary Gibson, Roy Thomas 2018
- Man Up - Gary Gibson, Roy Thomas 2018
- Man Down - Gary Gary, Roy Thomas 2018
- Soundstrip - M. Crocker 9th February 1998
- Oh Man - Gary Gibson, Roy Thomas 2018
- Play The Pink Oboe - Roy Thomas, Gary Gibson 2018
- Ram Raiders - Roy Thomas, Gary Gibson February 2018
- Ram Bam Thank Ewe Lamb - Roy Thomas, Gary Gibson February 2018
- Blowing The Horn - Roy Thomas, Gary Gibson 2018