|Rock Type||Quarried Sandstone|
|Approach Time||2 minutes|
|Sub Area||Sandstone Far Western Valleys|
|WGS-84 Location||51.695810, -4.2429346|
|OS Grid Ref.||SN 450 020|
|WGS-84 Parking Location||51.695274, -4.242530|
|GR Parking Location||SN 451 019|
|Parking Postcode||SA16 0ED|
|Base Elevation||54 metres (SRTM Estimation)|
|Faces Direction||South East|
|Crags Within 5.0 km.|
A new sports development in the mid-grade range, on good quality sandstone.
Located in the aptly named village of Craig, near Burry Port. Driving from Llanelli follow the coast road (A484) towards Pembrey. Soon after the Pemberton Arms the road rises (speed camera). Immediately after the traffic lights at the crest of the hill is a turning right into Craig, alongside Jerusalem Chapel (20 MPH Sign). Follow this road past the Farmers Arms, trending right, past some housing to park adjacent to an old chimney (Cwm Chapel Colliery). Do not obstruct access to the yard. The quarry is opposite the chimney.
All routes have lower-offs/shared lower-offs. Do not top out as the top of the quarry is close to some rear gardens.
- Mini-Mission - Fr.5+
- Nocturnal Emission - Fr.6b+
- Missionary Position - 6b
- Vile Proposition - Fr.4
Short route to chain
- Premonition - Fr.5
Left-Hand route to Lower-Off below oak tree.
- Requisition - Fr.6a
Mantleshelf above the shale band to same lower-off below oak.
- Superstition - Fr.6b
Maul over the small roof above the shale band on a sloping jug.
- Man on a Mission - Fr.5
- Crime of Omission - Fr.6a+
Right of corner.
- Working on Commission - Fr.6b
Shared belay on left.
- Attrition - Fr.6a+
Up into the corner then ramble up to high lower-off.
- Mini-Mission - R. Thomas, D. Emanuel
- Nocturnal Emission - R. Thomas, D. Emanuel
- Missionary Position - R. Thomas, D. Emanuel
- Vile Proposition - D. Emanuel, R. Thomas
- Premonition - D. Emanuel, R. Thomas
- Requisition - D. Emanuel, R. Thomas
- Superstition - D. Emanuel, R. Thomas
- Man on a Mission - R. Thomas, D. Emanuel
- Crime of Omission - R. Thomas, D. Emanuel
- Working on Commission - R. Thomas, D. Emanuel
- Attrition - D. Emanuel, R. Thomas